Friday, January 9, 2009

Color me this...

So.

I lost the adorable cloache hat somewhere in Detroit over the christmas holidays. This sucks lots, I know, but I've been debating a new hat ever since. Except I can't make my mind up over a design. I'm rather fond of the snowflake tam except I don't have the right colors for it. I suppose I could trade with one of the girl for a blue-varigated yarn. I don't know. I have creamy alpaca in fingering weight. I have red varigated wool in sock, and burgundy tweed in alpaca. All of which would be around the right size. I want a colorwork pattern with roses, but I haven't found a free one on ravelry. I could be crazy... and WRITE ONE. that is one of the goals of the year, to write my own pattern... and submit it for publication. Hmm. But I'd have to get some green for stashing. Damn.

But I'm supposed to do a knit along of the sterling cloche with one of the girls. But that would mean I'd have to buy yarn.

Buy yarn, use stash. A classic knitter's delimna. What to do, what to do...

No comments:

Welcome to Crazytown, where my friends have proclaimed me queen. Why did they do that you ask? For some reason, there's very little that I fear about knitting. Hmm, a dress in laceweight done in lace knitting written by vogue? Sounds great! I have very few inhibitions when it comes to knitting, and that sometimes ends disasteriously. Apparently, other people think this signifies a level of crazy that only the royalty can attain. Follow along with my escapades as I dive head first into all sorts of insane techniques and projects without much more than an "Oh! That looks pretty, I can make it!"

Those will probably be my famous last words.