Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ambitions....

Knitting resolution for this year: write a pattern and submit it for publication. Contestants so far, the leaf scarf is nearly done. I was smart this time and took notes the whole way through. All I have left to do is the last leaf, its crochet edge, and block. I love angora by the way, it feels fantastic. The other contender is the raglan lace shrug. It's been in hibernation for a long while now, so we'll see.

My other ambitions which may or may not kill what's left of my sanity are to make my own dress to wear to graduation. That's right, I'm graduating college. One of the numbers from Avenue Q keeps playing in my head, the "I wish I could go back to college" song. Thankfully, grad school applications aren't due till march/april, but it's really time to start looking. Oops.

The other ambition this year is to knit a shawl for a friend for her wedding - namely 'cause I can't afford an expensive wedding present. Yay work-study salary!

No comments:

Welcome to Crazytown, where my friends have proclaimed me queen. Why did they do that you ask? For some reason, there's very little that I fear about knitting. Hmm, a dress in laceweight done in lace knitting written by vogue? Sounds great! I have very few inhibitions when it comes to knitting, and that sometimes ends disasteriously. Apparently, other people think this signifies a level of crazy that only the royalty can attain. Follow along with my escapades as I dive head first into all sorts of insane techniques and projects without much more than an "Oh! That looks pretty, I can make it!"

Those will probably be my famous last words.