Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cooling Cloche

So, I hate winter.

My response to the cold weather has been to create various hats in a vain attempt to block the freezing winds from replacing my earrings with icicles. So far, all attempts have failed. The latest is the felted cloche drying on my head. Tomorrow or Thursday will provide a good time for me to test how well it worked.

I have to say, it feels not a little strange to have a hat drying on your head because you don't have a hat form. I've shaped some plastic bags and squished towels just in case, so the hat can continue to dry while I sleep. It's a strange feeling.

No comments:

Welcome to Crazytown, where my friends have proclaimed me queen. Why did they do that you ask? For some reason, there's very little that I fear about knitting. Hmm, a dress in laceweight done in lace knitting written by vogue? Sounds great! I have very few inhibitions when it comes to knitting, and that sometimes ends disasteriously. Apparently, other people think this signifies a level of crazy that only the royalty can attain. Follow along with my escapades as I dive head first into all sorts of insane techniques and projects without much more than an "Oh! That looks pretty, I can make it!"

Those will probably be my famous last words.