Sunday, August 31, 2008

Poet's Blouse - round and round we go

So, I've modified the Ruffled Collar Pullover quite a bit, and it's got me a little bit nervous about how much I risk. I only did about 5 rows of the rib stitch because I don't like the way the sweater looks with it. The rest of it, I've done in stockinette.

I was worried, however, since I decided to use significantly different needles from what the pattern recommends. The smallest size is 37 inches around - and usually I fit 32-34 inches best. So I decided to try size 5 needles knit very loosely. With the yarn all scrunched up on my 16" US 5 needles, I couldn't tell just how big it would be. At the yarn store, I did pick up a pair of 40" addi bamboo needles, which I love. The sweater fit on them, with room to spare. I could block it out to the right size, but the next question is, how do I get a dummy in my size....

No comments:

Welcome to Crazytown, where my friends have proclaimed me queen. Why did they do that you ask? For some reason, there's very little that I fear about knitting. Hmm, a dress in laceweight done in lace knitting written by vogue? Sounds great! I have very few inhibitions when it comes to knitting, and that sometimes ends disasteriously. Apparently, other people think this signifies a level of crazy that only the royalty can attain. Follow along with my escapades as I dive head first into all sorts of insane techniques and projects without much more than an "Oh! That looks pretty, I can make it!"

Those will probably be my famous last words.